Christmas lights switch on
What a fantastic time everyone had at the Christmas lights switch on held on Saturday 25th November. Over 250 people enjoyed entertainment by Peewee the Clown, carol singing by St Lawrence Primary Academy Choir, festive refreshments, craft and tombola stalls and seeing the Grosvenor Centre illuminated for the Christmas period. Within the parish 5 Christmas trees were also lit and will remain so until 6th January.
Special thanks this year are extended to:
- Gnosall Coop for providing the hot dogs, mince pies and other gifts
- JWH Ground Maintenance, Joe Rich and Nickolls Transport for helping (free of charge) to cut, deliver and erect the Christmas trees
- Waitrose and The Horns pub for providing some of the refreshments
- Norbury Park Estate for providing a Christmas tree for Knightley
- Gnosall Scouts for their help in cooking and serving the food
- GG’s Youth Club volunteers for making the crafts and cakes
The Parish Council wishes everyone a very happy and peaceful Christmas.